Welcome to the Ohio Emergency Management Agency
Please Note that you are viewing the non-styled version of the Ohio Emergency Management Agency website. Either your browser does not support Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) or it is disabled. We suggest upgrading your browser to the latest version of your favorite Internet browser.
ODPS Ohio Emergency Management Agency
Preparedness Resource Tools
Links To Resource Preparedness Tools
The following list of preparedness resource tools can be used as a starting point for planning research. These are not the only guides available, and this list should not be considered as the only source of relevant references. You are encouraged to contact the appropriate Ohio EMA branch for further information and current guidance.
- Ohio EMA Homepage
- Ohio EMA Plans Branch, Local Plan Development Resources & Guidance
- FEMA, FEMA Homepage
- DHS, Lessons Learned and Information Sharing
- FEMA, National Preparedness Goal
- FEMA, CPG 101 Developing and Maintaining Emergency Operations Plans
- FEMA, Guide for All-Hazard Emergency Operations Planning, SLG 101.
- DHS, Target Capabilities List
- Ohio Revised Code (ORC), Lawriter – ORC - 5502.271 Program for emergency management
- Ohio Administrative Code (OAC), Lawriter – OAC – 4501:3-6 Emergency Operations Plans and Exercises
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs 2010 Edition
- Ohio EMA Mitigation Branch, State Hazard Analysis Resource and Planning Portal
Training and Exercise
Donations and Volunteer Management
- FEMA and US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), Criteria for Preparation and Evaluation of Radiological Emergency Response Plans and Preparedness in Support of Nuclear Power Plants, NUREG-0654/FEMA-REP-1, Rev. 1, November 1980, reprinted Mach 1987, final report March 2002 Supplement 1, September 1988, Supplement 2, April 1996, Supplement 3, July 1996, Supplement 4, October 2011.
- 2013 Radiological Emergency Preparedness Program Manual
- NFPA, Hazardous Materials Response Handbook, Current edition.
- NFPA, Recommended Practice for Responding to Hazardous Material Incidents, NFPA 471, February 2002.
- NFPA, Standard for EMS Personnel Responding to Hazardous Material Incidents, NFPA 473, February 2008.
- Office of Hazardous Materials Safety, Emergency Response Guidebook
- National Response Team (NRT), Hazardous Materials Emergency Planning Guide, NRT-1, 2001
- SERC, the Ohio Hazardous Materials Planning and Exercise Guidebook, December 2008.
School and Campus Emergencies
State and Federal Response Plans